Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Elevator Pitch 2

Below is the text from my final elevator pitch.

Is this the end or the beginning? Whilst these are my closing remarks pertaining to my study in this subject, I can only feel that this is a beginning more than an end as this subject has provided a good overview of a very broad range of topics pertaining to E-system infrastructure development, however they present for me the starting point, a foundation from which I can build future skills in this area. In the final few workshops I was given the opportunity to examine the deployment of a web application from an IT Manager perpsective and I have to admit, I enjoyed the second half of this course more in terms of the exercises and blog development, no doubt because there was less focus on programming. Topics such as internet security have a global applicability which makes the subject matter far more accessible for a programming numpty such as myself. With e-commerce an ever growing area and the use of online shopping increasing, this subject has certainly provided me with a greater understanding of the underlying concepts and considerations required to make an online store a reality. As a potential future IT manager I am sure what I have learned in this subject will serve me well over the coming years.

No comments:

Post a Comment